Friday 19 February 2016

Smoked salmon, cream cheese, avocado and veggie Wrap

Smoked salmon, cream cheese, avocado and veggie Wrap

Okay, I tried to hold off for a while, but the need has become too strong, the need for a delicious wrap with smoked salmon and avocado, but I added a few more veggies to my usual version of it, so hopefully I won't need two of them to fill me up (I don't really, but it was so delicious I really want one!). This is a super simple recipe and surely no big revelation for most of you, but if you don't have too much experience with eating other things than just bread for lunch, this might be new to you. Trust me, this thing is fucking DELICIOUS. I do adore both smoked salmon and avocado so I might be biased, but it really is, friends and my sister agree. ;) Obviously as you can see it is not as low calorie than the recent recipes I've posted, since it does contain carbs and slightly fatty foods. Most of the calories come from the wrap (200cal), so if you use a less calorie heavy wrap, or convert this into a salad, it would be healthier. Unless you're actively doing a heavy diet, this is still a pretty good lunch (if you just eat one), it has lots of veggies and healthy fats from the avocado and salmon. Since one wrap contains half an avocado (and half a tomato, half a shallot), it does tempt you to make another one, but leave it for tomorrow or share with a friend! Rub the remaining half an avocado with lemon juice so it doesn't turn brown.

Lunch - 1 person - 500 cal - 15 minutes
 (28g fat, 7.3 saturated; 48g carbs and 16g protein)

 - Wrap (Any kind works, might look for a healthier one next time, make sure it's about as big as a big plate)
- Smoked Salmon (30-40g / 1-1,5 oz)
- Avocado (1/2)
- Shallot (1/2 small one, 2 tbsp finely cut) or Spring onion/scallion
- Cream cheese (30g / 1oz, preferably with garlic and fresh herbs in it)
- Tomato (1/2)
- Arugola (25g / 0.8oz), look at my salad with lemon, feta and bacon for alternatives to arugola.

- Finely cut half a small shallot. Dice half a tomato and half an avocado.
- Spread a fine layer of cream cheese all over the wrap. If you just got regular creams cheese, season with a little salt and pepper and feel free to add some cut up chives on top.
Open salmon, cream cheese & veggie wrap- In the middle diameter put a line of smoked salmon, about one slice in my case.
- Put the diced avocado beneath that and the tomato above.
- Sprinkle shallot/onion/scallion over the avocado.
- Put a layer of arugola (or other lettuce, but arugola is best) on top of that.
- Carefully roll it up, cut in two and enjoy!
- Start eating from the middle and while you eat slightly fold over the outer edge so all your goodies don't fall out. The best is if you can take all of the ingredients in one bite, but that doesn't work for me always, depending on how full your wrap turned out.

Originally I just ate this without the tomato and arugola, but then I ate two as lunch, so I added them to make it more filling and because it tasted really good in it. I just didn't do it before out of laziness (and generally just not having arugola or tomato in the house, shame on me). 

No comments:

Post a Comment