Wednesday 27 January 2016

Savouring Simplicity - Salad with cucumber and smoked salmon with a dill-yoghurt dressing

Yay, another day, another attempt at being healthy. I'm going home today so pretty sure it's going to become a lot harder pretty soon. Not only is my mother an amazing cook, and my father is a big wine nut, but just having delicious fresh bread around is going to be temptation enough...
But for now I've got one more easy, simple, healthy recipe to share.



Sorry for the not so pretty picture again, but this one is for on the go. All the goodies I've mixed together at the bottom and put all the lettuce on top (slightly shifted them aside so you can see) so the crisp lettuce doesn't get soggy when I'm ready to eat it. This salad is perfect to take to work/school/uni, all you need to bring is a fork to mix everything and eat it all up. Since this does contain salmon I would recommend keeping it refrigerated until you leave, and if possible again at work/school. But if your smoked salmon is fresh it should be fine to eat even if it's been out of the fridge for the whole morning. Trust me if it's not safe to eat any more, you'll smell it! :P
It's super-healthy (only 100 cal!) so go ahead and double everything if you find/think this doesn't fill you up for lunch. Or if you want, eat some bread with it. As I said I'm going home today, so will probably eat my fill later, so just taking this with me to eat on the way home.
http://ponderingtheinternet.blogspot.com/2016/02/simpel-genieten-salade-met-komkommer-en.html
Lunch - 1 person - 100 cal - 15 minutes 


- Cucumber (1/3rd)
- Smoked salmon (1 oz)
- Shallot (1 small one, or 0.5 normal)
- Lettuce (this is about two handfuls)
- (Greek) (Light) Yoghurt (1/3 cup / 70g)
- Lemon (juice) (1 tsp)
- Dill (0.5 tsp)
- Capers (0.5 tsp)
- Salt and Pepper

- Make the dressing: Mix 1/3 cup or about 70g of yoghurt with 1tsp of lemon juice, 0.5tsp of finely cut up capers, 0.5tsp of dill (I used dried, but fresh is better) and season with salt (not too much, salmon is salty too) and pepper.

- Cut up 1/3rd of a cucumber  and 1 oz / 30g of smoked salmon into small pieces (1cm / 0.4inch). Dice your shallot very finely. Mix together with the dressing.

(- I don't know if you can see, but I added in some leftover tomato/balsamic from yesterday's dinner from last post, since I hate to waste, but isn't part of the recipe, tasted fine with it though, but wouldn't do it on purpose again.)

- Put your goodies in a container and top of with plenty of cut up lettuce. Mix together before eating and enjoy!

Zoom of mixed salad with cucumber and smoked salmon with dill-yoghurt dressing
It was surprisingly filling! Ate it round 11, wasn't hungry again until about 4, definitely going to make this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment