Sunday 17 January 2016

Origami Flower with Leaves

Original way of gifting Earrings: Origami Flower / Rose with Leaves

http://ponderingtheinternet.blogspot.com/2016/01/origami-roosbloem-met-bladeren.htmlThis year as a small gift for my friends I made these Origami flowers decorated with earrings (I also gave a few other things which I might post about later). I made it in a few different colours to complement the earrings I was giving, but unfortunately I only have a picture of this one. I also made a quick video on how to make the rose. It's the first time making a video for me, and I just edited it with Windows Live Movie Maker, so it's clearly amateur-ish, but I thought a video was much clearer as an instructional/tutorial than just an explanation with pictures. Let me know if you like video-instructions instead of just text! So I know to do more ;)


Click read more for how I attached the earrings.


To attach the earrings to the flower I always put one of them in the centre of the flower. You can just make a hole with the earring, or first with a needle and then with the earring (this is much easier) Here I made the hole in the middle too big, so I had to attach a piece of tape to the back of the middle of the flower and made a small hole through that tape to make sure this really small earring didn't fall through the flower. The second earring I always put underneath the flower (hidden) in the leaves because I couldn't find a good spot to put it as decoration. In this case I also added two big, hanging earrings, which I put through the middle of the leaves underneath the flower so they dangles underneath the flower as a type of 'berries'.
Original way of gifting Earrings: Finished flower held together by one earring
The rose with one single earring in the middle. You can also just glue the rose and the leaves together and then you already have something pretty!
Back-side of Origami Rose with both sets of earring attached as decoration
The back side - The two big earrings I stuck down with tape at the backside so the back wouldn't move too much. In the middle of the flower you've got the end of one of the little earrings, which is used here to attach the flower to the leaves. And the second little earring I hid under the rose, but you can see its end between the ends of the two hanging earrings.


Source: Original folding instructions from origami-instructions.com

1 comment:

  1. This is really Amazing Work!
    Best of luck. keep doing

    I have few service related to your work
    Flower Making Tutorial

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete